Thursday, January 19, 2012

Study French

My plan is to spend a month in Paris in 2013 (haven't run this idea by my boss yet) and I'd like to know enough French to order my daily pain au chocolat and cafe au lait in the charming neighborhood bakery I will undoubtedly discover and fall in love with.  This is the motivation behind my first goal for 2012.

In addition to gaining access to buttery, flaky pastries, I want to be able to ask for directions (in an accent that isn't offensive), chat with merchants at the local markets, and read menus.  As a first step, I bought a Groupon for French classes in the Financial District that I can attend after work.  I also borrowed a "learn French in your car" CD set that I will listen to on road trips when I'm not singing along to my favorite country songs.  

I'm inspired by this picture from my sister's Pinterest account.  If all goes according to plan, this will be me next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment