Sunday, May 1, 2011

New York City Ballet Workout


For years, I maintained a dysfunctional relationship...with running. Yes, running. I loved that I felt strong and athletic when I ran. I loved my long, lean muscles. I loved that I felt accomplished for running. But for now, my running days are over. I have established a kinder, gentler relationship with my body. I am embracing Yoga and Pilates and especially, Ballet. Absolutely Ballet! It makes me feel centered, graceful, even taller.


Some people might say I'm already freakishly tall (ahem, not mentioning any names: shorter sister and cousin), especially with my penchant for very high heels, but I adore it. Little sister, who has subtly/not-so subtly, in a somewhat accusatory tone, noticed out-loud, a few times, my preference for heels, the taller the better, lent me her copy of the New York City Ballet Workout video (She must love me!) and, I have to say, I am smitten, maybe even obsessed...

New York City Ballet: The Complete Workout, Vol. 1 and 2

View it here

I feel a bit like the Phantom of the Opera is guiding me through my workout, but even with that, I love it. Today, my living room, tomorrow, the stage at the Opera House, at least in my imagination, and isn't that all that matters? So if I look a little taller lately, maybe it's NOT the heels. Flats are in you know...
These from the Gap

No comments:

Post a Comment